Countryside Smiles strives to deliver the most effective treatments for our patients in Murphy, TX. Achieving this goal requires ongoing education, dedication to expertise, and the right equipment. The most advanced dental technology makes it possible to provide better care than ever before. Advanced dental imaging improves diagnosis and treatment planning by providing a clear view of the concern. Keep reading to discover the technology that makes Countryside Smiles your source for exceptional dental care.
The Advanced Technology That Drives Your Care
When you make Countryside Smiles your dental care provider, every stage of your treatment benefits from the latest dental technologies. From diagnosis to treatment planning, our equipment plays an important role in delivering care. Some of the technology driving our standard of dentistry at Countryside Smiles include:
- CBCT – The Cone Beam CT Scan is a specialized form of imaging using computed tomography (CT). This imaging system aims to produce a 3-D image of your mouth digitally, providing an incredibly clear visual of your oral structures. This is an important tool when planning a variety of procedures. This can include planning treatment for impacted teeth, diagnosing TMJ (temporomandibular joint disorder), and proper placement of dental implants. This list covers a few of the possible uses of CBCT.
- Intra-Oral Camera – Intra-oral cameras are a useful tool in creating a clear visualization of the state of your oral cavity. CBCT focuses on producing bone and tooth structures images within the orofacial area. Intra-oral cameras focus on oral tissues such as the tongue, cheeks, gums, etc. It’s also important for getting visualization of the surface of the teeth.
- Digital Radiography – X-rays have been a part of medical care, including dental, for over 100 years. Throughout this period, there have been steps taken to reduce the amount of radiation being used while producing higher-quality images. Digital low-radiation radiography is the latest version. It uses a negligible amount of x-ray radiation to produce higher-quality images than ever before.
- 3-D Intra Oral Scanner– We use state-of-the-art 3D intraoral scanners to take images of your mouth. The handheld wand captures images and relays them to digital software that recreates a three-dimensional model of your teeth and gums. Dentists can use iTero Scanners to look for cavities, identify crowded teeth or misalignments, and find plaque build-up in tough-to-reach spaces. We can also use scanning as a basis for 3D printing and simulating our Invisalign outcome for potential patients. For example, these scanners make it possible to create custom trays for Invisalign patients. It’s also helpful for patients with restorative and cosmetic dental work because it’s possible to keep a record of the progress. They eliminate the need for gooey impression materials in our mouth for making a crown, denture, or any oral appliance. 3D scans don’t use any radiation, making them safe, even for pregnant women!
- Laser Dentistry – For nearly two decades, lasers have been used for restorative and cosmetic purposes in dentistry. Today, lasers are approved for safety by the Food and Drug Administration, and they have become much more prevalent and standard in dental offices across the country. Lasers work by delivering energy in the form of light. This energy can be used to achieve accuracy and precision when shaping the gums, debridement following periodontal treatment, biopsying oral tissues, management of mouth ulcers/ cold sores , killing bacteria during a root canal, add adjunctive advantage during making impressions of crowns, implants and bridges. Lasers are even being used for elective procedures, such as to expedite in-office tooth whitening.
To find out if laser dentistry is right for you, schedule an appointment with Dr Gill to discuss your options for laser treatment.
These tools form the foundation of many treatments you will receive while being seen at Countryside Smiles. Beyond their role in treatment, they also play an important part in diagnosis. Any changes in the structure of the sinuses, nasal cavity, jawbone, and other areas are easier to detect. This can make it possible to identify concerns that may otherwise be difficult to spot, such as tumors.
Schedule A Visit To Murphy, TX For Exceptional Dental Care
Our patients know that they’ll be receiving the best possible care as part of their dental experience with Countryside Smiles. Our team is trained to get the clearest possible images from this equipment for use in your care. If you have remaining concerns or questions about the technology we employ as part of delivering care, call us today! We can schedule a consultation and office visit and introduce you to our team, and all of the equipment and people that make Countryside Smiles special. We look forward to seeing you at our clinic in Murphy, TX.