If you’re shopping around for a new dental provider for you and your family, you’ve likely encountered the term “family dentistry.” This term refers to clinics like Countryside Smiles, which focus on caring for patients at all stages of life. We’re dedicated to ensuring that your family receives excellent care from their first tooth on into their future. If you’re wondering how our dental team can help your family experience lifelong dental health, keep reading!
Fantastic Family Dentistry Services At Countryside Smiles
While there’s a lot of crossover between general dentists and family dentists, they aren’t the same thing. Family dentists have specialized training in working with children as well as adults. While our focus on children isn’t as extensive as that of a pediatric dentist, our team can provide all the care necessary to ensure your child experiences lifelong dental health. The essential thing that sets our practice apart from a general dentist is a comprehensive understanding of dental needs at various stages of life. This includes the expertise necessary to identify potential concerns while they’re still developing, allowing steps to be taken to correct them.
Preventative dentistry, oral hygiene, cosmetic dentistry, dental implants, and orthodontia are all available through our office as well. As family dentists, the most common services our practice provides include:
- Bi-annual cleanings and exams – Exams every six months, including regular dental cleanings. These allow us to monitor oral health concerns and promote effective oral hygiene.
- Dental sealants and fluoride treatments – These treatments are useful in young children and the elderly alike. They serve to strengthen the teeth and protect them from bacteria that cause decay.
- Cavity checks and fillings – Cavities stand as the single most common problem encountered by dentists. As family dentists, we specialize in treating cavities and working to prevent their recurrence.
- Orthodontics – Orthodontic care is essential during childhood development. That’s why we offer orthodontic treatment in-house, rather than referring out to specialists.
- Gum disease treatment – Gum disease is frequently found in adults, which makes it a focus of our care. Gum flap surgery, deep cleanings, antibiotics, and more are used to treat cases of gum disease and gingivitis.
Treating these oral health concerns is just a standard part of our services for patients in Murphy, TX. However, they account for only a small portion of the options for care and treatment you have when seeing a family dentist. Since our focus of care centers on a growing family with changing needs, there’s much more we can do for your family.
Schedule A Visit To Discover All The Care Options Available
Whether you’ve just moved into the Murphy, TX area and are looking for a new dentist, or are a returning patient, give us a call. We’ll provide information about all the ways we can help you and your family with your oral health needs. We’re excited to grow Countryside Smile’s patient family and begin building relationships with our community.